Monday, March 19, 2012

Last Night in Vietnam

My friend Mindy's cousin wanted to take me out and about 1 more time before I left VN. She had 2 gifts that she wanted me to carry home to Mindy but I could not fit them into my luggage (one was a large picture that she had cross stitched and had framed; the other, a cross stitched picture that was then made into a clock). When we left the hotel, Hue led me to her motorbike! Yes, on my last night in VN I put on a helmet and was driven all over HCM City on the back of a motorbike. You are able to see so much more from that vantage point when compared to the inside of a cab but I can also see why most people here wear face masks--the exhaust fumes were pretty bad. We went to her friend's restaurant and enjoyed excellent Pho [pronounced fa (short a sound)]. It is probably my favorite VN food.


Least Favorite Thing About Vietnam-HCM City: The traffic!! So noisy and so very frightening...
Most Favorite Thing About Vietnam-HCM City: Absolutely, the people! So kind, respectful, and friendly. I will miss them.

1 comment:

  1. such great photos! You have done such a great job showing us and discussing your wonderful experiences. Talk to you stateside soon!

    ReplyDelete